How Much Is Video Worth To Your Business?
Video marketing is on the rise. Whether you like it or aren’t quite sure yet, there’s no denying that. Customers have been proven to engage better with high-quality video content from their favourite brands, sharing, liking, commenting, and generally becoming loyal customers. Which is what you want, isn’t it? But as video marketing continues to grow, there are still some who aren’t convinced of the value of video marketing. So we’re here to answer that question, and tell you how valuable video marketing content is to your business.
Some Hard Facts On Video Marketing
Let’s be honest – there are still some people out there who think video marketing is a bit ‘fluffy’. And we’ve found the best way to combat that is with good, hard facts. So, in no particular order, we present you with our 10 favourite facts about video marketing (researched and proven by HubSpot):
- Putting a video on a landing page can boost conversion rates by up to 80%.
- 92% of mobile video consumers will share a video they enjoyed with others.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to purchase a product online after seeing a video about it.
- 80% of video consumers can recall the specifics of a video they’ve seen in the last 30 days.
- Video ads increase purchasing intent by up to 97%.
- Video ads also increase positive brand associations by up to 139%.
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
- More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day, by over 1 billion users.
- Businesses who use video grow revenue 49% faster than those who don’t.
- Social video generates 1200% more shared than text and image posts combined.
Hopefully that’s cleared some things up for you. Video marketing is an incredibly successful and simple tool that can help grow your business. But what other benefits are there to using video for your specific business?
The Benefits Of Video
So aside from all the benefits we listed above, there are some pretty compelling reasons to use video in your marketing. For example, visual information (like videos) is processed by the brain up to 60,000 times faster than text, which makes it much easier for viewers to understand and absorb. We wrote a whole blog about that here if you fancy reading it. Video also creates a really strong emotional connection with viewers – empathy, laughter, pleasure – driving higher conversion rates. It also allows you to create an ongoing narrative that brings your viewers on a journey. This helps them connect deeper and deeper to your message (and you) and be swept into the story.
The Cost Of NOT Using Video
Most businesses are very focussed on cost when it comes to video. But that is usually what it will cost to do. What many businesses don’t realise is that NOT investing in video marketing will cost your business too. For example, if you don’t use video:
- Your SEO profile will decrease – Google loves video (that’s why they own YouTube).
- Your customers won’t understand your products or services as well.
- Lower conversion rates from your online marketing.
- You won’t be listed on the second biggest search engine in the world (YouTube).
- Your products will be less memorable for your customers.
So really, you’re already paying for not using video – so why not pay to use it instead, and use all of the benefits to your advantage?
At Swanwood Productions, we specialise in creating stand out video content for businesses of all shapes and sizes. Our passion is telling your story, capturing it in innovative and creative ways that will really connect with your audience. We work with you to produce branding videos, explainer videos, product videos, interviews, testimonial videos, events coverage and more. If you’d like to see a sample of our work, check out www.swanwoodproductions.com or @swanwoodfilms on twitter to see how we can help you add video in to your business and marketing strategy.